Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Missed periods since 4 months, had protected sex, UPT test negative. Am I pregnant?

hey plz tell me i skipped my period for 4 months.. it had happened before but i was virgin at tht time. im 21 year old n lost my virginity 6 months ago.. we had sex with protection every time.. i did 2 urin pregnancy test with the help of home test kit.. it come out negative each time. im i pregnant? or else? plz reply soon plz help
Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for the query.

Since you have used contraceptive method while intercourse, with pregnancy test being negative, less likely you are pregnant.
Other causes of missed periods is hormonal imbalance, Stress, emotional disturbances, thyroid problem and ovarian cyst.
I recommend you to consult a Gynecologist to narrow down the causes by specific investigations.
I also suggest you to use contraception and practice safe and protected sex.
Hope this helps.
Dr Nilofer
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor