Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Missed periods, prescribed Regestrone. Still no periods. Am I pregnant?

hi this is radhika.i am married. we are trying for a baby since 5 months. i have regular periods. in march 2012 i missed my period. i consult the doctor, they done ultrasound and confirmed that i was not pregnant and gave me regestrone tablets . i got my period on 3rd april. in may i again missed my period.i took home pregnancy test . it was neg on 32day of my cycle. Then i took regestrone tablets without consulting a doctor. i stopped it 8 days later, still now i dont get period. am i pregnant??
Asked On : Mon, 21 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  153
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
I appreciate your query.
It is not advisable to take any medicines, specially hormonal preparations like Registrone, without medical supervision and prescription.
There is a simple and easy way to know whether you are pregnant or not.
Kindly perform a home ( urine - HCG ) pregnancy test.
Kindly purchase a home pregnancy test Kit commonly available at medical stores. Please select a proper brand and confirm the expiry date of the kit. Also, it is better to purchase a Urine Culture vial ( small container for collecting urine ) also readily available at medical stores. Please collect your first morning sample of urine, that is the first voided urine sample in the early morning , in the container. Open your pregnancy test kit, it contains a dropper which you can fill with two - three drops of urine from the container. Put the drops into the well shown on the pregnancy kit strip and wait for 3 - 5 minutes. One positive line means that you are not pregnant. Two positive lines ( pink lines ) indicate a pregnancy. No lines indicate that the kit is defective. Please read the instructions on the pregnancy kit once more before proceeding. If your test is negative, but you fail to have your normal periods, consult a gynecologist. Also consult a doctor, if the pregnancy test is positive, for further treatment.

If you are repeatedly suffering from delayed cycles, without pregnancy , please get yourself evaluated for other disorders like polycystic ovarian disease, thyroid disorders, endometrial problems etc.
Answered: Thu, 13 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor