Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Missed periods, cramps, bleeding from rectal area. Biopsy done on cervix. Which specialist should I see?

Hi, I m unsure what doctor to go and see for what is happening to,me. Okay so at the end of August I had a biopsy done on my cervix . Then 6days later I have my period. Then for the months October and November I did not get my period (or have sex for 6months now). I have been experiencing cramping now for the past fourteen days. Then last night I had little red blood from my rectal area. It stopped before morning came. However my cramps are being worse and now I m getting hot flashes. I don t know if I should go to my gyno or my family doctor
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for your query,
You have not mentioned your age which is most important here. Disturbed menstrual cycle and hot flushes may be related to near menopause symptoms. If your age is less , then one possibility is cervical stenosis which may occur as a complication of cervical biopsy. Cervical stenosis is characterised by amenorrhoea and pain.
For this you will have to attend a OBG.
Next is your rectal bleeding. Are you sure it is rectal bleeding ? ( not vaginal bleeding?) If you are sure then it may be due to piles or fissure etc for which you would have to consult a general surgeon.
Take care and best of luck..
Hope it helps...
Answered: Sun, 9 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor