Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Missed periods. Over weight. Pregnancy test negative. Alternate medicine for cycloreg

Hi i have missed my periods now its been like 45 days. i m 29 and married. I m over weight so have had this kind of situation before and i was in India than. My Doctor there had given me Cycloreg. Now i m in Dubai. Have done my pregnancy test with the kits you get. but was negative. Do you get cycloreg in Dubai? if not which tablet can i replace that with? Kindly Advise. Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012
Answers:  5 Views:  144
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Homeopath 's  Response
Obesity is the firstmost cause of amenorrhoea,disturbed cycles and thereby resulting in infertility and other chronic diseases also. So if the periods start with some or the other hormonal pills, u might face the recurrence of the same, so please be careful, as u are a young married lady.
Being a homoeopathic practioner i would suggest u to go for homoeopathic treatment.
You will have to be diagnosed for different hormone levels and also for thyroid profile(for hypothyroidism), then only the treatment will be started, which may take few months.
Till that time start reducing the weight,by diet control, regular walk/exercise etc.
Answered: Wed, 1 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Munish Sood's  Response
1. Pregnancy test is negative: should be done after 10 days, when chances of accuracy are more.
2. because you are overweight,too much weight results in hormonal imbalance and even stoppage of periods.
3. any type of stress (physical or mental)/
4. because you shifted from India to Dubai; sometimes change in schedule/place can result in body clock to stop work.
5. have gynecologist done a Physical examination in this respect,if not kindly consult with one.
6. make sure, your hormonal profile,thyroid test,Ultrasonography and other necessary investigations are done for clinching final diagnosis.
7. Cycloreg or any alternative will work on the symptom and not on pathology, thus it is imperative that you should consult with your health care provider for the same.
Answered: Fri, 12 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Homeopath Dr. Dhara Shah's  Response
hi welcome to hcm.see you have to find out the reason for irregular period because obesity + irregular period need some blood test work do Thyroid function test,FSH,LH,PROLACTIN,PROGESTERONE.OESTROGEN IF ANY IRREGULARITY in blood test then concern gynec once for that to rule out the problem and permanent solution for your trouble.for now if cytolog is not available then take T.DEVARY(10Mg) or T.MEPRATE(10Mg) three times a day for three days then after stop the medicine you get your periods within 3days.
Answered: Fri, 13 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Packriswamy Sambangi's  Response
Missing a period with a negative pregency test is one of the most common complaints women seeks advice about..
Absence of periods is Amenorrhoea. Amenorrhoea can be caused by any number of changes in the organs, glands and hormones involved in menstruation. Failure of the ovaries or poorly formed reproductive organs.
Missing a period can cause you a lot of stress and anxiety and over weight also. Some women who take certain birth control pills don't have regular periods.
Eating disorders and hypo thyroidism can also you to have missed periods.
Home remedies,
Intake a mixture of cumin seeds and sesame seeds along with honey can treat the problem.
Consumption of green ripe papaya can also normalize the periodic cycle.
Asofoetida is known to increase the secretion of progesterone and make the period smooth.
M2 TONE tablet and EVECARE SYRUB is the best choice
Answered: Sun, 21 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Bhushan Jain's  Response
hi, You should evaluate thyroid function tests.
Answered: Sat, 7 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor