Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Missed period

I am 19 years old and have been having unprotected sex with my two year boyfriend. We have been using the "pulling out method" I am not on birthcontrol. My period was suppose to arrive on the 7th & today is the 11th & I have still not had my period. I felt all my pms symptoms such as irritability and what not. My nipples have been sore & I have a sour stomach with heartburn. I have currently moved in with my boyfriend so I have been feeling stress from my family members & my diet is completely changed. I took a home pregnancy test & it came out negative. Any ideas of what could be wrong??
Asked On : Fri, 11 Feb 2011
Answers:  5 Views:  1281
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
pregnancy kits may give negative test now. better reoeat the test after 2 weeks. if you pregnant then consult a gynecologist for further action.
Answered: Mon, 9 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Nidhi Gandhi Chandak's  Response
I guess it's hormonal imbalance
Do blood test ,pelvic scan and consult ur gynaecologist.
Repeat ur put and then decide what to do
Answered: Thu, 26 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
You should wait for some time and repeat gravida test. If it is again negative then nothing to worry. The mode adopted by you is not reliable to ensure contraception.
Be careful.
Answered: Fri, 11 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
The pulling out method isn't crude and works when used properly.
Answered: Mon, 9 May 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Gyan Prakash's  Response
hi,welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.first i would like to tell you that pulling out method is very crude and very high chance of failure.urine pregnancy test is negative,then you should wait for some time for period and if not you should carry out test again.delay in period may be due to should consult doctor.
Answered: Fri, 11 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor