Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Missed period, pain in abdomen and breast. Started spotting. HPT negative. What's wrong? girlfriend is 16 she has a normal minstril cycle.anyway,were consearned because its been a week since her missed period and she been having symptoms like sick throgh out the some days,lower adoman cramps , breast pain,and sometimes a brownish clear strong smelling liquid comes out of her vagina .all the pregnancy test say negative.what could this mean?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to helathcaremagic,
i would like to know first if she is taking any pills to prevent pregnancy if yes then her cycles can be irregular.
if pregnancy test is turning out negative then you should do hcg levels to rule out ectopic pregnancy.
the other cause is she might be having a infection in the urine or the discharge she is currently having,
would suggest you take her to be seen by the gynecologist for further follow up and appropriate treatment
hope to have answered your query
wish your girlfriend a quick recovery.
Answered: Fri, 8 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. S Patra's  Response
Mar 2016
First of all, do a blood test for beta hcg & USG lower abdomen to exclude intrauterine pregnancy as early home pregnancy test may give false negative result. Brownish discharge may be due to implantation bleeding or vaginal infection (bad smell indicating).

If you get negative result again, then other reasons are hormonal imbalance, stress/ anxiety, thyroid problem, wt gain/extreme loss, irregular eating habits etc.

Do some investigations to rule out underlying pathology like Thyroid profile & other hormone assay, Vaginal swab test & urine examination. So consult with your doctor and take suggestive measures.

Tender breast is due to progesterone hormone. Use tight breast support for discomfort and take prime rose cap. Antibiotic therapy may be needed to cure vaginal infection. Avoid stress, take healthy diet, control body wt and maintain genital hygiene properly.

If you need further consultation with me, then you can visit
Take care.
Answered: Fri, 8 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Das Arindam's  Response
Sep 2012
Hello, Welcome to HCM, I am Dr. Das.

Look, she is going to have a period within few days. Just wait for some days.

In this mean time tell her to do an ultrasound scan of whole abdomen to look for any possibility of polycystic ovarian syndrome.

Answered: Sat, 9 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor