Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Missed period, intense continuous vaginal discharge, tender breasts, nausea, negative pregnancy test. Had sex during ovulation. Blood test advisable?

I think I am pregnant ,but negative test. I have not seen my period at all this month the 3rd it suppose to came on. I leaked clear fluids for 3wks my breast is very tender at times a litle nasea my appettite is strong i sleep more amf moody. i dont want to jenks mtself me and my husband made love 2x in one day when i was ovulating My stomach has extended a lot. Could I be pregnant and it will take and blood test to prove it. Thanks, Keeping the Faith
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  563
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Diabetologist 's  Response
Thanks for choosing HCM,

when did you perform pregnancy test?
how is it done,is it a urine pregnancy test done with help of home testing kits?

its the presence of the hormone hcg that proves your pregnancy in blood test and urine test

yes false negative test is common in early days of pregnancy
The accuracy of a pregnancy test is most closely related to the day of ovulation, not day of intercourse that caused the pregnancy. It is normal for sperm to live up to five days in the fallopian tubes, waiting for ovulation to occur. It could take up to 12 more days for implantation to occur, which meanseven the most sensitive pregnancy tests may give false negatives up to 17 days after the act that caused the pregnancy. Because some home pregnancy tests have high hCG detection thresholds (up to 100 mIU/mL), it may take an additional three or four days for hCG to rise to levels detectable by these tests — meaning false negatives may occur up to three weeks after the act of intercourse or insemination that causes pregnancy.

how sure are you about the day of ovulation?
though you have regular periods sometimes you may ovulate before or after the regular time
so think of chances of such delays also

your period is supposed to be on july third so you are almost reaching august 3rd so there are less chances to get wrong results so

once again perform test at home
or go for test in a lab ,if you are not satisfied even then...
you can go for blood test for hcg
and the other way is get a scan done

meet your doctor if needed

hope i answered your query
feel free to contact me for further queries

thank you

Answered: Mon, 30 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ganesh Dhakappa's  Response
Thanks for choosing HCM.
You may need a abd-pelvic Ultra sound scan to get the details inside you abdomen.
Your symptoms suggest it could be Pre menstrual tension.[PMT].
Revert with the report.
take care.
Answered: Mon, 30 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Bimal Desai's  Response
Thanks for query,
As you have no periods up till now before considering it as delayed period we have to confirm it again.
I think before going to blood test you should repeat Home pregnancy test again.
If it turns negative then you should go for blood test because some times Home pregnancy kit shows false positive or false negative results but not all the times.
Answered: Mon, 30 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor