Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Missed period for nearly a year, please suggest

i'm 26 years old and have had mostly regular periods since I was 12 years old. I have been taking birth control pills for several years and have always been fairly consistent. Last year my father passed away and I missed a few periods, which I chalked up to stress. I got one again about 8 months ago, but then they stopped altogether. I get all the normal PMS symptoms and have taken several pregnancy tests, which of course, have all come back negative. Now I am at a loss as to what might be wrong. What might possibly be going on? I have lost some weight, but nothing significant, my excercise regimen is the same, and there are no other environmental factors I am aware of.
Asked On : Fri, 30 Apr 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  265
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Many a times such problems are seen without any underlying problem as such. Hence I recommend you to discuss about OCP's with your gynecologist.

Answered: Mon, 24 May 2010
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor