Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Misjudged stairs. Had a soft tissue damage, itchy. X-ray showing stress fracture. What to do?

I mis-judged stairs and my toes went under my foot . I had an x-ray and doc said I had a stress fracture . A tubigrip was put on and I was told to walk on it. I went to my GP a week later and she looked at the notes and said it wasn t a fracture but soft tissue damage to 1st and 2nd metatarsal. It happened 2 weeks ago and it is nipping and stinging on the top of my foot now and itching like mad on my instep. So what s the story? Is it a fracture or soft tissue damage? Why am I getting 2 different stories?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  163
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Hi and welcome to HCM
Most probably it is fracture, as shown already by xrays. Now after 2 weeks it might be in healing stage. you need to give one week more rest for complete healing. Meanwhile you can take anti-inflammatory drug like motrin to reduce pain and inflammation.
I do hope that you have found something helpful and informative and I will be glad to answer any further query.
Take care.
Answered: Sat, 14 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

A soft tissue contusion takes around 3 weeks to heal and attain its preinjury status. Till that time certain amount of pain, swelling,itching and pin & needle sensations are common.

An xray of the injured part will confirm the presence of a fracture. If the fracture is not visible properly during the first visit , it should be repeated after 10 days again which will clearly show the fracture lines.

soft tissue damage can only be diagnosed by an MRI scan of the involved area.

Approach your consultant and discuss the issues.

Hope this information is helpful. Good day
Answered: Sat, 14 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor