Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Minor head injury diagnosed after a nose bleed from fall from bed. Explain situation

I fell out of my bed, the next morning I woke up with a bloody nose &my ear was bleeding. I went to the hospital they said nothing was wrong just a minor head injury . However my ear is still bleeding, I m having extremely painful headaches , blood is present in my spit, and my throat hurts. Can you please tell me what could be going on?
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  113
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear Jacquelynford, hello.
Bleeding from nose and ears can happen in case of severe head injuruy. One important cause is basilar skull fracture. You should have a CT Scan of your head done because if fracture is present, it needs urgent medical attention.
Headache, if not due to any internal injury, will take few days to subside.
Please consult a Neurophysician and ENT surgeon for examination.
Answered: Sat, 15 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor