Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Minimal communication, depressed, fear ridden, insecurity. How can the situation be changed?

Hey Doc, Hi ! I've just made a girlfriend :) but she has a problem.. previously she had a boyfriend , used to overrule her. He has completely changed her life. He always dominated on her..always told her "don't wear this--don't do that--don't go there ..blah blah blah.." :( Its like..In 1st year of our graduation she was charming, jolly-mind and ever smiling type :P but after spending 3 years with her boyfriend, she has changed herself completely. she has stopped chatting enormously, stopped enjoying every moment with me and with her friends( i was, and i am her best friend) Now she has started looking things in a weird way. In fact , she has made her life so Sad that I feel the pain of her grief . Now after she has broke with her boyfriend, she is with me. I want her to be like she previously was. I want her face smiling every time, every second . I want to erase all bad memories from her mind . I want to start a new life with her BUT some of her feelings come back and ruins our present :'( this sucks !! Now I use to spend more of my time with her to let her in comfort but she still feel sort of 'unprotected' and 'frightened'. I love her so much and don't want her to live in such a miserable condition. Please suggest something that will improve our love relationship and bring her life back :)
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to health care magic.
From the description u have give it appears that she is suffering with severe depression. She had a very truamatic experience in her past life. This could have precipitated her proble. She needs psychiatrist's help. Her problem can be helped with counseling, psychotherapy (cognitive behavioral therapy, interpersonal psychotherapy etc) and medications. She needs antidepressants and anxiolytics. A good psychiatrist can definitely bring her smiles back. She can get back her past happiness. But it is important that u don't delay the consultation
Answered: Wed, 24 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Nehal Shah's  Response
Thanks for using health care magic.
I have gone through your available history. Your friend is suffering from Depression or adjustment disorder. You should take her to a qualified psychiatrist for detailed evaluation and management.
She may be benefited with Antidepressant drugs along with sedatives. She also needs to have counselling and psychotherapy to get rid of her past.
You should continue your moral support to her which helps to emerge out of her condition.
Answered: Wed, 24 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor