Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Mildly enlarged liver with grade I fatty changes, had kidney stone, ultrasound showed small kidney. Diet and precautionary measures?

my mothers liver is mildly enlarged in size and shows grade I fatty changes. pls tell me what precautions she should take in diet or any other precaution which u think is necessary..n my mother had stone in her right kidney but after treatment now stone is not there but size of right kidney is small(82x28mm) in new ultrasound report...please tell me dat is there anything serious...and what we should do now.?
Tue, 4 Sep 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pulmonologist 's  Response
U have not said anything about ur mother weight.
In case of fatty liver there is no serious risk but diet must be low oil diet.
Tell ur mother to avoid spicy, oily foods, junk foods, ghee, butter, mutton, egg etc.
For kidney tell ur mother to take plenty of water.
Be well.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Mohamed Ataulla Shariff's  Response
Fatty changes in liver main important cause is alcoholism, which i think is not there in your mother. let she avoid fatty foods. take proteinicios food. she can take syrup silybon or hepamerz which are hepatic protectors. if she gets yellowish discoularation of eyes or skin she should consult the doctor immediatly. avoid unnecessary taking drugs. get a RFT test done for her kidney. if she is passing normal quantity of urine as before and RFT is normal then no need to worry.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor