Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Mildly enlarged liver with generalised fatty changes, mild hepatomegaly. Treatment ?

hi & regards,my liver is mildly enlargewith generalised fatty changes,vertical span of rt.lobe is 15.07cm(normal 14cm) gall bladder ,hepatic and portal veins,cbd, pancreas , spleen ,kidneys, urinary bladder ,prostate all are normal in ultrasound.the impression is mild hepatomegaly with fatty changes,associated git problem. in lft test serum bilirubin 0.8(normal 0.2-1.20) direct bilrubin 0.5(0.00-0.40) indirect bilrubin 0.3(0.10-1.20) sgot 50(10-40) sgpt 88(10-40) alkaline phosphtase 126 (34-94) protien7.4(6.0-8.0)serum albumine 4.0(3.7-5.3) serum globuline 3.4(2.3-3.6) blood uria 56 (10-50) serum creatinine 1.8(0.6-1.2) serum uric acid 8.0(3.4-7.0) calcium 9.6 (8.4-10.2) sodium 141.7 (135-155) potassium 3.98 (3.5-5.1) one year ago i suffred from this desies at that time my doctor gave me ursocol 300, antoxid,ec350 but now the doctor has been shifted to another place now a new doctor gave me viboliv 500 and febuget 40 for uric acid .i an alcoholic with intake once a week one peg and non vegitarian ,i dont smoke. i shall be highly oblised if u help me. thanks
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  561
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare magic!
The cause of fatty liver in your case is alcohol intake.
The liver enzymes are only mildly raised.
Abstinence from alcohol will reverse the condition.
If you are obese, weight reduction is necessary.
If you are a diabetic or if you have high cholesterol, those issues should be treated as they can also contribute to the development of fatty liver.
Continue taking ursocol and viboliv.
Answered: Fri, 31 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor