Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Mild mucosal thickening of the maxillary antrum and infundibulum. How to treat this?

1) how to treat mild mucosal thickening on left maxillary antrum and its infundibulurn ? 2) Also how to treat large polypoid soft tissue in the posterior superior aspect of the right maxillary antrum ? how both problem has occured and what precaution should i take to stop further increase in problem. THANK YOU SIR e mail id: YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  559
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to hcm forum,

The mucosal thickening of maxillary antrum,is due to the invasion of tissues underlying.
Surigcal treatments has to be done depending on the condition.
The thickening may be due to congenital or traumatic occurence.
Avoid too much stress ets.
Maxillary antrostomy has to be done if required.
Please avoid occurence of sinus infections frequently.
Antibioics can be taken after consulting a physician.
Answered: Wed, 20 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Mallayya Pujari's  Response

Thanks for your querry at HCM.

Well, based on your history I think it is a soft tissue growth which could be congenital, traumatic. It can be treated by excision if all tests are found normal.
Visit your nearest dentist for further evaluation

Many kind regards
Answered: Wed, 20 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor