Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Mild headaches and earaches, white spot on right ear drum. Anything to worry ?

Hi - I ve been having mild headaches and earaches, and when I went to my doctor s office, they checked my ears and told me they could see a white spot on my right ear drum. I have a follow up appointment with an ENT specialist in ~1 month. A month to continue having earaches and headaches seems like a long time - how do I know if the issue is urgent?
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  519
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Dear Wendymatia
Hello I am Dr Ravinder Sharma. On the basis of information provided it appears that you have tympanosclerosis of the ear drum. As you have told that you have headache and pain in ear. Possibly a disease in sinuses or nose leads to Eustachian tube dysfunction which leads to otitis media. This pattern of relapse and remission over years can lead to weakening of drum and development of tympanosclerotic patch over ear drum.
If left unattended it may lead to hearing loss or a perforation in ear drum. It is appropriate to establish the cause so that the progression of tympanosclerosis can be taken care of. I would advise you a Sinus X - ray, pure tone audiometry and a tympanogram to decide further course of action. I hope this answers your concerns. Feel free to contact me if you want further information about it
With regards
Ravinder Sharma
Professor ENT & Head and Neck Surgery
Answered: Thu, 23 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor