Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Mild dizziness, fatigue, high BP, high pulse rate. Cause of concern?

hello, i passed out when i woke up on monday the 10th of december. i went to an urgent care facility after recovering and getting enough energy to feel well enough to drive myself. while there they took my blood pressure and pulse and checked my blood sugar levels as well. i am not diabetic as far as i know. however i am 6 0 tall and i weigh 250 pounds i am twenty years old and i am a male. today at work i noticed i was getting slightly dizzy and feeling rather fatigued so they sent me home. i used a cuff to check my blood pressure and pulse which was as follows, systolic 137 diastolic 97 with a pulse per a minute of 114 is this ok for me or should i be concerned and go see a doctor?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi there,
Thank you for writing to us.
I am sorry to know that you are having some problems with your health recently.
The symptoms that you are mentioning i.e. feeling weak and lethargic are most commonly as a result of a viral infection.
These symptoms usually do go away in a period of about a couple of weeks at the most if they are as a result of a viral infection.
Your systolic blood pressure is on the upper limit of normal but is not high.
Your diastolic blood pressure (the lower reading) is over the normal.
However you should have a blood pressure reading repeated when you are relaxed to have an accurate reading.
Your pulse is also on the higher side and I would also recommend that this reading should also be taken when you are in a relaxed state.
All in all this does not seem to be something to worry about a great deal and your symptoms should improve in due course of time.
If however your symptoms worsen or you develop new symptoms I would suggest that you should contact your doctor for further evaluation of your condition.
Kindest Regards
Answered: Mon, 24 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor