Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Migrane equivalent, neck pain, sore and tight neck

I am a 41 year old female that is 5ft 9 and about 210lbs. I have recently been told by a neurologist that I have migrane equivalent. (this is because I have facial numbness) Anyway I have been having more headaches lately with neck pain .. My neck is so sore and tight that when i touch my chin to my chest I can feel the tightness all the way down my spine. Do you recomment that i ask for a mild muscle relaxer or anxiety med.. I have been considering going back to the chiropactor but i think my neck muscles are way to tight.
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
as migraine is a mild headache it can cause fibromyalgia so it would be wise to contact your neurologist and start medication.
It is fully treatable so you don't have to worry.
Wish you all the best
Dr Eris Ranxha
Answered: Sun, 23 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor