Owl Image

Middle of my chest it hurts the most when i take a deep breath

hi i am a 30 year old woman who hws been smoking for 14 yrs. it hurts when i take a deep breath . no particular side of my chest hurts more thatn the other i would say mostly the middle of my chest hurts the most. i weigh 110 and im alsmost 5 4
Tue, 17 May 2011
Get tests done, ASAP , I have had 4 people in my life pass because of smoking. It is how it starts... I don't mean to scare you, but its the cold blooded fact. 14 years of smoking can do a lot to a little lady such as yourself. I have only been smoking for 5 and every morning my chest feels like caving in, you took a LONG long risk, now u have to face the consequences....finally...no pun intended, maybe a little one.
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi Dear,
You been smokin for 14 yrs. but you did not mention how many cigarettes / cigars etc. you smoke daily. Since you are having chest symptoms it is best that you quit smokin and consult a chest physician immediately, so that he may examine you and get the necessary tests done including a bronchoscopy if warranted, to exclude any thing serious. Whatever you do STOP SMOKING IMMEDIATELY.