Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Middle of chest pain after a car accident. What should I do ?

I was in a car accident 5 days ago Im a 38 year old female I have a lot of pain in the middle of my chest I rear ended a van that was completely stopped and the van also hit the car in front of it I was probably going about 45 to 50 miles an hour when i realized everyone was stopped after i came over the top of a hill. It is very painful for me to cough, sniffle, blow my nose, burp, take deep breaths, turn to either side while sleeping or driving, shift gears(because i have a stick shift) and walk. What should i do? Should i wait to see if the pain goes away because there is really nothing doctors can do about a fracture or broken bone in that area is there?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  1832
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello There..
welcome to healthcare magic forum..
The injury you have suffered needs immediate attention as you might have injured your lung, heart ,aorta or bone itself You need to get a ct scan done and rule out all possible for the pain. once everything comes out normal simple pain killers would be sufficient for your pain..
Hope this helps.
Take care..

Answered: Fri, 25 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum

Yes there is a bone in the middle of chest. Could be rib or sternum fracture. In addition to that there is THE HEART and LUNGS, vital organs. You need medical attention, asap.


For further queries-
Answered: Fri, 25 Mar 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor