Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Metal plate and 7screws for broken left femur, pain in stitches area, swollen, oozing pus. What to do ?

I was in a vehicular accident in 2005. I broke my left femur , and now I have a metal plate and 7 screws. Most of the scar healed that year, except for a particular part of the stitches which I needed extra anti-biotics for. It did heal eventually. Now It s 2012 and I got this pain as though from my bone around the same part that took longer to heal. It really affected the way I walked for a bit. That pain soon left, and my muscle starting to swell . After a couple weeks with a swollen muscle with pain, a boil developed on the top of the muscle with pus inside. I went to a doctor. He prescribed anti-biotics. It made the boil burst and ooze pus. What I didn t know was I wasn t supposed to get it wet. I went back to the doctor because it wasn t healing . I got two extra anti-biotics prescribed again, and had to have the open wound dressed. The nurse told me because I wet it, that it didn t heal. Now I keep it dry, and I ve used up all my anti-biotics already (I don t like being on anti-biotics). What should I do now. It s not looking as bad as it used to, but it is still oozing pus
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

Thanks for posting your query

It seems that you might developed chronic osteomyelitis of with discharging sinus.

You need an x-ray to see the status of bone, culture and senstivity of this discharging pus.

So you have to visit your surgeon for exam and investigations as required to confirm the cause of it and treatment plan according to that.

Answered: Thu, 4 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor