Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Met with an accident, seems like big goose egg on the left side of the head. Could this be a hematoma? what s your opinion?

Hi. My sister-in-law was in a car accident about 3 years ago. She had what she described as a big goose egg on the left side of her head with a dent in it. It is now getting larger she feels because the dent is deeper, and the left side of her face hurts very bad. She noticed it started hurting when she smiles, coughs, laughs about a month ago. Any ideas, and how emergently should she treat it? Could this be a hematoma? Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Hi ,

Based on your history your sister in law met with head injury which has produced scalp swelling with a dent in it .You need to consult a neurologist or a neurosurgeon for same .She requires clinical examination and investigation like CT scan brain with bone windows .Meantime give her naprosyn for relief of her headche
Answered: Sat, 4 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor