Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Mental disorder, loss of memory and appetite. MRI shows brain shrinkage, less blood flow. Cure?

dear dr my father is having some mental disorder from quite some time. he forgets recent conversations. he is arrogant. he only respects sikh persons with beard. have got his mri(ncct head) scanning done and found his brain shrinking n less blood circulation in some parts of brain. he goes out for cross country cycling or walking without having his meals for hours. his diet is sweets n milk with bournvita. I request to put him in hospital under doctors supervision for some time ? pls suggest what can i do best doctor? rgds
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
You can show him to a neurologist along with all the previous reports. The symptoms suggest towards Alzheimer disease(AD) how ever other diseases should be excluded for which Neurologist may also suggest CT angiogram of brain.
Alzheimer Disease does not have a cure at present however treatments for symptoms are available. You may also think of trying stem cell therapy for AD if it is diagnosed however it is in research phase only with encouraging results which are not proven as of now
Answered: Fri, 8 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor