Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Menopause, occasional vaginal bleeding. USG shows bulky uterus, hyperplastic endometrium. Treatment?

hello sir am XXXX my mom age is 60 yrs. she attained menopause before 10 yrs. for past 4 months she has vaginal bleeding in small amount occasionally that means monthly one or two times. her usg impression is bulky uterus with hyperplastic endometrium correlated with HPE right ovary normal left ovary not visualised. whats her problem sir? pls help me
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  121
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

It seems like your mother has a hyperplasic endometrium. It means her uterine lining is increased in size. It probably suggests an underlying endometrial cancer at times.

It is better to review with the HPE report and probably repeat the endometrial biopsy.

The treatment is usually removal of the uterus in post-menopausal women.

Hope this helps you.

Answered: Thu, 30 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor