Meniscus tear,knee pain,hip pain,limping,80 year old.Treatment?

I had miniscus tear reparied drng the last year y left hip has been sore to hay on, and has increased
the knee seems to ahe a lot and the pain goes down the outsdie of the leg on down the front bone nee to ancle
is this arteritis or from a disc problem in my back. I am limpimg and it hip and knee are painful. The surgeon feels i need a hip replacement. I walk with a cane. I was very active up to last year playng golf I turn80 yrs. oct. 13.
thank you. Eve
Wed, 9 Oct 2013