Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Meniscus in both knee, irritated, power lifter, healthy weight

My meniscus in both knees is irritated. any advice on how to treat it? I am 17, and a powerlifter. It was onset by a bodyweight excersize in my right knee, then I did 5x5 450lbs calf raises, and both hurt. my upper limit is 605 lbs 1x7, but I havent done heavy weight in a while. so, I threw myself into something after being away from it for a while. i am 185 lbs, and 5 11 . I am at a very healthy weight. I just need some treatment advice. Thanks, User.
Asked On : Wed, 23 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to Healthcaremagic.

The powerlifting itself will worsen the condition.The best remedy for such a problem would be avoiding taking weights from now.

Wearing knee caps would help you to prevent worsening of the meniscial injury while walking .

Wish you good health.
Answered: Wed, 23 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor