Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Memory loss, bladder problems, bipolar disorder, depression. Had car accident. What can I do?

i have a friend that was in a car crash about 11 years ago and he is disabled and has mental health problems plus health problems where he can now walk again but where he sometimes need a can or his powerchair. he has bladder problems with momery problems sometimes he has forgotten to change himself where i had to change him or he remember later. when he does end up in the mental health hospital i dont know if they help change him when he forgets because i dont thinking he tells them he forgets he has that problems. and i think its because of his car crash. and there other problems where he blacks out and wants to jump out of his clothes i got him some clothes like jumpsuits with zippers on the back where he cant reach. to help keep his clothes on. but i dont know what the hospital does when hes in the hospital i know he has bipolar and alot of depression and i think he hears things. but i dont know much but help him from time to time because im a close friend what can we do i know he need a mental hospital more then being on his own or being in a nursing home or group home. he will not like it there but he needs it.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hai agent001ck ,

In this case sailient findings are

accident 11 years ago with residual disability

memory disturbances

prescence of mood disorder

Kindly uderstand if your friend had brain damage and dysfunction following that that too remaining for about 11 years then he need to go for Neuro Psychlogical Assesment .following which he will be given some excersice which will gradually make him better than now.

Also in this case memory disturbance may be due to Psedodementia because of underlying depression. If so by treating Depression his memory disturbance will vanish.

So i suggest you to Meet a nearest psychiatrist to evalute your Memory disturbance . Also ask for NeuroPsychological asesment to diagnose also for prognosis.

I wish him to get better Physically and mentally
Answered: Tue, 11 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor