Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Medicine for swollen ear after pin hole

My daughter has a small pin hole in her ear. Her ear is swollen and she is in pain . What should I do?
Asked On : Sun, 11 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  137
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum,

Small pin hole in ear drum or external ear ?? I think question is incompelte.

If it is after ear piercing than just remove the stud and put a thread .

Take a milder antibiotic ointment over it and take paracetamol 500 mg once daily for 2 days .

If hole in the drum after a cold or trauma or infection than take antimicrobial antibiotic ear drop 2 drop 3 times daily. you can take paracetamol course too for 2 days.

If no relief than see an ENT specialist for further evaluation.

Answered: Wed, 2 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor