Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Medicine and tips to increase height

Hello ! I m 14 years old girl born in 12 February 1998 i m scared about my height now i m 5.2 feet and i m scared i ll be like this forever now cause my genetics are not helping my mom is 5.1 f and my dad is 5.6f :( ! Please tell me how tall will i be ? will i get taller ? and i m 116 pounds I started doing jogging since last week i do it one a week ! But tips to how get taller too please ? Thank you doctors
Asked On : Wed, 11 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  53
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response

Thanks for writing to us.
Height is mostly genetically determined. Since your parents' average height is on a lower side, you are not likely to grow by more than 2 inches now. If you have already attained puberty then the chances of increase in height are even lower.
Still you can do regular aerobics and yoga to increase the growth hormone release from your pituitary to boost your growth.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.


Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Wed, 11 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor