Medication without running necessary test

Why are doctors so quick to prescribe a medication without running necessary test to eliminate the problem ?
Wed, 29 Jun 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
Hello devrim;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Like you said doctors are quick to prescribe medicines without investigating some people say the exact opposite that the doctor run so many test then they prescribe the medicine.Please understand :-
1-the doctors study for years through books;patients about diseases;the signs and symptoms so when a doctor takes history of a patients disease he can analyse many diseases which are common and so the doctor quickly prescribes medicines.
2-Whenever the symptoms are not clear or the patient is not responding to the treatment there is need to do investigations.
example of a case of malaria-malarial fever is normally high grade fever with chills and headache so the doctor can give treatment for malaria because even simple test of malaria which is a peripheral smear is not always diagnostic of malaria.But if the patient has a mixed infection of typhoid and malaria the malaria may go away but he will still get fever because of typhoid and since the fever is not going down the doctor will advise investigation for it and once typhoid is diagnosed he will prescribe the necessary antibiotics.I hope i have answered your query.
Thanks
anmol's  Response
All doctors are not quick to give out medications without testing first to eliminate other problems. You may want to change doctors if yours does.