Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Medication to thin blood

whats the name of the medication to thin blood ?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
There are several medication types available to reduce the tendency of blood to form clots or clumps. Anticoagulants are also known as "blood thinners" although this refers to viscosity more than dilution. Some common types of anticoagulants for heart vessel (coronary vasculature) disease, leaky heart valves (aortic and mitral valve regurgitation), and heart related chest pain (angina) or heart attack are in the link provided below.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor