Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Medication for heart irregularity

What kind of medication would you recommend to help a person with heart irregularity? A person I am talking about has a problem of irregular heart beating. The pulse is quite strong, but there is a strong uneveness of the time between the beats (because of which the heart stabilizer was installed and used). After its installation the pulse became less strong and quite even, but the strenghth of pulse became a little uneven. My question is: what kind of medication, if any would you recommend to improve functioning of the heart? Thanks very much in advance! There were conduction problems, which were leading to irregularities I mentioned above. This person had emotional shocks in the past, which had caused heart abnormalities. This person suspectedly had several heart attacks, one of which led to a clinical death. When this happened, this person was reanimated (10 minutes after the heart stopped). When I talk about improving functioning of the heart , I mean optimization of its work so that person feels good. The installed pacemaker is an atrioventricular one. The person suffers from the pace slowering.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  388
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Before take a medication talk to your doctor about it. If he don't need any he will not recommend any. I have heart beat problems but I have a defibrillator implanted. Also I take toprol a day.
Answered: Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor