Medication for a bone marrow edema?

My mri shows tendonosis with a 7mm vertical tear of the Achilles tendon with a bursa and bone spur. There is also a bone marrow edema right below it. Calf muscle is also very tight. Told I need surgery. Who is best to do the surgery? A podiatrist or an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in foot and ankles.
Thu, 13 Mar 2014
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
You need a surgery for tendon tear. And that spur may also need to be removed. Both podiatrist and orthopaedic surgeon can do this job so do not worried about that. Select surgeon who is more experienced with such injuries.