Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Measures to control blood urea nitrogen ?

My blood urea nitrogen (BUN) was recorded as 22, blood sugar fasting is 116, cholesterol total - 208, LDL - 140, HDL - 47, Triglyceride - 118, VLDL - 24. How should I control the BUN?
Asked On : Fri, 16 Oct 2009
Answers:  2 Views:  3175
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  User's Response
BUN (blood urea nitrogen) is a test that measures the amount of urea nitrogen which is a breakdown product of protein metabolism. It is a routine test used primarily to evaluate kidney function and is often performed on patients with many different diseases. Urea is formed in the liver as the end product of protein metabolism, then enters blood and is ultimately eliminated in the urine by the kidneys. Most kidney diseases affect urea excretion so that BUN levels increase in the blood. It may also increase in dehydration or bleeding into the stomach and/or intestines or as a side effect of some medications. Raised levels may also be seen in heart failure, starvation, any state causing hypovolemia, urinary tract obstruction, etc. Your BUN is borderline and requires reconfirmation, along with Serum Creatinine test, and a physical examination by a doctor who can then correlate the test reports with your biochemical profile.
Answered: Sun, 25 Oct 2009
  Anonymous's Response
my dad age is 56 and had dibetic past 25 years . 4 year ago dad's pulse is down and we rush to the hospital actually that was the reason of kidny doctr said there is some medican in the kidney and some cardiologist treat my doc and said that this is all about to increase the value of blood urea and critinine so then we have gone to some kidney speacialist doc he change low potency medican now past 3 or 4 days ago when he walked he feel some breath problem and so the legs are tight and feets are swell and so dad have a constipation. give me some advise and tell me why this heppening with my dad .is it all about urea critinine or blood preasure problem what just give me a answer how do i bring him in plce there my dad can live a normal and healthy life?
Answered: Tue, 10 Aug 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor