Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Married, unable to conceive from three years. Which infertility tests should I take?

Hi, I am 34 years and married for last 3 years but I am unable to get pregnant . Me and my husband are normal and we observe no abnormality. I want to have a child so please tell me what to do and what preliminary tests should I do to find out the problem. We are not suffering from any other notable disease and we are in normal body shape and health.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Hi Uzma,

Your husband and you need to get evaluated.

Your husband would require tests like semen analysis, urine routine, complete blood count.

You will require a series of tests like Ultrasound of the abdomen and follicular study, Hormonal profile including LH, FSH and Thyroid hormones, complete blood count.

I appreciate that both of you are healthy, but there has to be a reason for not getting pregnant. You also have to have regular intercourse at a frequency of thrice per week.

Hope this helps.
Answered: Fri, 13 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor