Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Marijuana addict. Mentally disturbed. Suggest de-addiction centers?

Hi doctor, My brother is marijuana addict. He has been doing this for nearly 16 years. We came to know about this about 6 years back. We have been consulted many physicians and psychiatrists (more than 10) here in chennai, Tamil Nadu, India He is doing good when taking medicines. But after 4 or 5 months, he is again doing same thing. Now, he is mentally disturbed more and seems restless. We want to treat him as inpatient. I require any good place who is doing de- addiction and treatment for marijuana. Please kindly suggest anyone where we can get treatment for this? Moreover, we are middle class family, we could not afford more. thanks, giri
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  116
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Public Forum

Marijuana addiction is a chronic, relapsing and remitting illness. It is usual in course of illness that patient will start using it again. So, continuous efforts are needed to get rid of from this addiction.

Marijuana use associated with several psychological symptoms like your brother is experiencing.

You can consult in NIMHANS, Banglore which is a government institute and one the best for treatment.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Wish you Good Health.

Dr. Ashish Mittal
Answered: Wed, 26 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor