Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Mammogram showed one larger breast than the other,removed cyst in past,breast ache

i am 54 and had a mammogram 12 months ago,my breast is aching and is larger than my otherone ( the nurse also pointed out i have one breast bigger than the other ) i did have a cyst removed about 5 years ago.i have not had any problems for since i had the cyst drained,i was told i have tiny ones in both my breasts at the moment i am a bit worried,what do you think.xx
Asked On : Mon, 7 May 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
If you have been told that you have tiny cysts in your breast, its possible that one of them has enlarged and probably gotten infected. This is causing the breast to ache. It is extremely unlikely that this is cancer. However, the best way forward, given your age, is to begin with an ultrasound or a mammogram. A course of antibiotics followed by cyst drainage would help. Please see your general physician for the same.
Hope this helps
Answered: Mon, 7 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Oncologist, Surgical Dr. Rohan Khandelwal's  Response
You are probably suffering from fibroadenosis, which is a benign breast disease common at your age. It leads to multiple cysts and lump like lesions in the breast. It can also lead to pain and heaviness in the breast. Just to be on the safe side and rule out a malignant lesion (cancer), I would recommend that you undergo a repeat Mammography. If that turns out to be normal, then you dont need to be scared.
For the current symptoms you can try Vit E capsules. You can even consult your doctor an get oil of evening primrose capsules.
Hope you get well soon.
Answered: Tue, 8 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor