Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Male infertility due to mumps.

Hi Doctor , I am 29 year old married man. I suffered from Mumps when I was around 16. Me and my wife are planning to have a baby since last 6 months but my wife is not able to concieve since. Please advice if this might be due to infertility caused due to mumps as I read this on some websites. And if so what should I do to overcome this . Regards
Asked On : Sat, 2 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  676
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
  User's Response
hi doctor my hasband is 41 year old man n i am 29 year old woman i want baby bt my hasband suffered from MUMPS problem when he was about n my hasband planning to have a baby since last 3 years.please help me i want baby.know doctor says he is not able to born baby please tel me what i do thnx.
Answered: Mon, 11 Apr 2011
Infertility Specialist Dr. Abhishek S. Parihar's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Mumps adversely affects male fertility. Orchitis (Infection of testis) is a common complication in adult males, occurring in about 20% of patients who contract infection with the Mumps virus. Those who develop the complication of Orchitis can suffer damage to the sperm producing cells of the testis - resulting in reduction of sperm production. Before coming to any conclusions get your semen analysis done. It will guide to further management. Take care.
Answered: Sun, 3 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor