Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Male, high pitched voice, sounds like a woman's voice. When will I develop a deep voice?

Hi I m 22 years old and will be 23 in June. My voice is very high still I often get mistaken for a woman on the phone or as gay from people I ve just met. All the other signs of Puberty have presented themselves but my voice hasn t. Will this change? Will my voice get deeper? Should I be concerned and why has this happened? Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  83
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your description. I suggest you not to worry about your voice because so many people are suffering from same trouble.

I don't think there is any chance that your voice will become deeper at this age. But of course you can go to a speech pathologist and get a test done. Speech pathologist can help you to deepen your voice. But there are no natural solution to this.

Don't get upset, because you just have a bit of female voice. There are men who totally have female characteristics. Be happy with what you have.

Hope I was able to answer your query. Available for further assistances.
Good luck.
Answered: Fri, 23 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor