Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Male having feminine voice, facial features, sparse hair growth on body. How to rectify?

hi, i am male 27 years old, i have a very feminie voice. i have sparse hair growth on my body, i am balding, my facial features are very feminine, i am very depressed and always feel very tired. my breasts are also a bit enlarged and sensitive. when i speak in public or on the phone people think i am a woman. can u please help me.
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  94
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM
I would like to know whether feminine features are from adolescence or they have developed recently.
There are various causes of it.
It may be due to lack of male hormone- testosterone, lack of conversion of testosterone to its more active form dihydrotestosterone; excess of female hormone- estrogen in body, inability to break down small amounts of estrogen in body by liver due to liver dysfunction (a small amount of estrogen circulates in male body also).
You need to get a set of investigations for this problem eg:
1. Karyotype- To know the sex chromosomes, normally a male has 46 chromosomes and one pair of sex hormones XY. in some conditiond there is presence of XX chromosome in males. This may lead to feminine characters
2. Hormones: FSH and LH- These hormones are produced by a organ in brain called hypothalamus. These hormones are responsible for secretion of male hormones by testis.
3. Testosterone: Total and free- Testosterone is the male hormone and is responsible for development of male secondary sexual characteristics.
4. Liver fuction tests for liver functions.

These investigations will help to pin point the problem.
Consult an endocrinologist for clinical examination, investigations and management.

Thank you and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Answered: Tue, 27 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Muhammad Erfan's  Response
Since when do you have these symptoms? Do you have any siblings if yes are they healthy? is there any surgical history on your part ? Have you taken any drugs? and have you ever been investigated by laboratory tests for your symptoms?
Answered: Tue, 27 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor