Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

MY sons glucose is 290, do I keep him home w/t fluids ?

son's glucose is 290, do I keep him home w/t fluids ? Or, should he go to ER, seems ok, eating, just kinda tired, better than yesterday. He ate some soup and jello about 1/2 before the reading. we just found out he has type 2 on Fri, this is our first weekend, and everything is still new. He has been drinking sf koolaid and sf jello, and chk noodle soup, 1/2 turkey sand/chips. Says he feels dizzy, his last reading was 332. we are spending the night at the hosp., they have his d. under control, down to 190 right now, but, now we are told he is type 1, and they ve started insulin. Wish me Luck! :)
Asked On : Mon, 14 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  654
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  Anonymous's Response

Do not panic, since you have recently found about it you just need to remember two things. Always keep the blood sugar under control, this should be by Diet, exercise and wt loss. Glucose 290 is very high though but you need to put him under constant surveillance under nursing care before he controls the sugar and comes back home.

Answered: Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor