Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

MRI shows disc dessication, loss of disc height, protruding disc, moderate foraminal narrowing. Treatment?

Recent MRI shows L5-S1 disc desiccation & loss of disc height. there s a 3-4mm broad based protruding disc. This effaces the ventral thecal sac & approaches S1 nerve roots. Mild foraminal narrowing. Same thing going on at L1-L2 and 4-5mm posterior and right greater than left posterolateral protruding disc. Moderate foraminal narrowing.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  120
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
I understand your concern
Treatment depends on presentation.
In case you have only back pain initial treatment is analgesic,physiotherapy and posture management.
In case back pain is associated with any radiculopthy then conservative managemnt us done for 6th 8 weeks after which surgery can be needed.

Hope this helps.
God bless..
Answered: Sat, 30 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor