Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

MRI shows diffuse disc bulge, anterior thecal sac indentation and soft tissue edema. What is the treatment?

Got an MRI with the ff impression: Diffuse disc bulges at the level of L3/L4 down to L5/S1, resulting to anterior thecal sac indentation and varying degrees of bilateral neural foraminal narrowing Right paracentral annular tear L5/S1 Minimal soft tissue edema , right gluteal region Any idea what the next steps are? My aunt is in the Philippines and I really don t trust a lot of people there...thank you!
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  156
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response

Thanks for the query,

i will tell you that the MRI findings need to be correlated with clinical data.

Further one must note the clinical context in which the MRI was done. I feel that it was done for back and/or leg pain in your case.

If you have clinical signs of nerve compression, then the options will be to go for surgical treatment. If there are no clinical signs of nerve damage, then conservative management with either Gabapentine, pragabaline and physiotherapy will suffice.

Please donot worry about the MRI findings. I suggest you to get clinically evaluated by a neurologist.

Hope this clarifies your query

Best wishes
Answered: Wed, 27 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor