Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

MRI shows dessication, diffuse bulge, herniation of disc. Interpretation?

MRI Reports: Desiccation , diffuse bulge and small sized posterocenteral and right paracentral herniation of l4-5 disc. Indenting the anterior thecal sac and right traversing l5 nerve root and causing bilateral lateral recess compromise (R L). Desiccation, diffuse bulge and small size posterocentral herniation of L5-S1 disc
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

MRI reports should be correlated with clinical symptoms and signs to arrive at the significance.

These findings suggest slipped disc in lower back region, with pinching of nerves.

Initial treatment would be with medications and physiotherapy.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Answered: Fri, 28 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor