Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

MRI showed diffused cerebral atrophy with ischemic degeneration. Can it lead to inability to speak and weakness?

Hello, my dad is 50 yrs old and his MRI scan report show presence of a diffused cerebral atrophy with ischemic degeneration. Since some months he is showing strange signs like not being able to speak or write clearly. Many times he falls down on the ground without any push or pull, just like that and quite forcefully. Since 5yrs we have been residing to a new town where my college was. Now when my degree is completed we have come back to our previous place. He had faced many problems with the project he had dealt with 1yr ago and after that he hadn t worked. Moreover, he was soon left with no money at all & during this time one day a community member insulted him and almost forced him to pay some 0000 rupees of water bill (overstated by the man & we are not entitled for his forced services) but he had no money so couldn t pay anything. Now he started fearing going out and because of having no work he remains at home at all times of the day unless we take him with us outside for some work. It was then that we came back to the previous city. Now he got some money because of certain previous investments but his condition isn t improving. I took him out to 2 colleges to work as a faculty but because of the above symptoms, both the colleges didn t show any interest after a demo lecture. When he falls down on the ground time and again we get very scared because he may hurt himself seriously this way. I can t understand whats wrong with him & how to cope up with the problem. Please suggest some remedies.
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
Please get your father checked up in neurology dept of a hospital . cerebral atrophy and ischemic changes may be the the reasons of all the symptoms and features your father is having .
He needs to be under medical care . personal attendance in the family is very important for your father. he needs counselling and care with other mode of treatments
Answered: Tue, 16 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor