Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

MRI showed cystic reaction of marrow in focal area. Afraid of MRI with contrast. Any other test?

My mri showed a cystic reaction of marrow in focal area of bright t2 and stir signal intensity within the posterior inferior aspect of the c5 vertebral body. corresponding low signal intensity on the t1 weighted views. Is there another test I can take other than mri with contrast to detect the problem because I am extremely afraid of the contrast?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Radiologist 's  Response
Hi, welcome to HCM.
There is no other test as MRI in present scenario. Don't be afraid of contrast. It is most safe drug. It has no side effects in normal persons. Contrast injection is just like a routine injection.
Then MRI will be repeated as routine scan. You will not feel anything new after contrast.

Don't worry and go for contrast study without hesitation.

Hope I have answered your query.
Answered: Tue, 25 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor