Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

MRI scan shows high white matter foci and chronic ischemia. Meaning?

ive just had a mri scan ,showing high white matter foct and chronin ischaemic.what dose that mean,with spondylolic in neck .i do have spongerlousis spnad bifda.but when i saw the neuorolgist when i told him my problems he said it sounds like paroxysmal dystmice,which i chevk on the sound the it was very simaler to my eplepsyiy
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  83
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello nd welcome to HCM,

As far as I can understand from your history, you are suffering from spondylitis and spina bifida.
Spondylitis will causes symptoms of pain and parasthesia in the body part affected (most commonly cervical spinal cord is affected causing symptoms in upper limb).
Secondily, spina bifida causes symptoms depending on the part of the spinal cord affected.

You havr had a MRI which suggests lesion in the white mater of the brain, i.e. ischaemia.
Ischemia is decrease/ loss of blood supply to a particular part of the brain.
Ischemia can occur due to various causes e.g. vascular diseases, occlusion of blood vessels, etc.
This ischemic foci can lead to symptoms of epilepsy.

I hope my answer helps you.
If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Answered: Thu, 4 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor