Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

MRI scan done. Started for physical theraphy and taking pain medications. Looking for solution

hi i have been in pain for 2 years . I have done MRI and the results are : L4/5 There is mild broad -based disc bulge with a superimposed small central protusion ,which demonstrates 4 mm carnial migration. This small extrusion only effaces the ventral thecal sac. I have been going for physical theraphy and taking pain medications , but there is not much improvement , please help
Asked On : Wed, 23 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Radiologist, Nuclear Medicine 's  Response
Your MRI report essentially states that your have some degenerative disc disease, in this case at level between your 4th and 5th lumbar vertebra (ie L4/5). However, it does not sound severe and more importantly, it is not causing spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal) or any impingement (pinching) of the nerve roots.

Physiotherapy will help to strengthen your back muscles which should over time improve the symptoms. It is difficult to fully get rid of back pain in some cases but most people do get better or at least come to learn to live with the pain (with help of painkillers)
Answered: Thu, 12 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor