Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

MRI revealed discrete, hypo-intense nodular lesions in sub-cutaneous fat planes in para-spinal region. Help

Sirs, my daughter has a swelling (10 mm x 10 mm) on right side of para-spinal,sub-occipital region. For the last 15 days she is suffering from pain. I went to general surgeon who advised FNAC test.I preferred second opinion,doctor here opined that MRI to be performed.MRI revealed a well defined, discrete,hypo-intense nodular lesions in the sub-cutaneous fat planes in the right para-spinal region .No fever. Radiating pain from swell to scapula . doctor advised for surgery.but again i have opted for another doctor s opinion wherein i was told that this swell is due to scalp infection and Enzomac tablet was priscribed for 7-days (thrice a day). My fear is three doctors given three different shades to the swell.what to pain is subsiding but swell not come down.pleae help me.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  98
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM
I would advice you to go for a Fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC).
It is a quick office procedure with minimal pain and discomfort after the test.
In this test some material is taken from the swelling and on the basis of cells seen from the swelling, most propable diagnosis is given.
The MRI report indicate that the swelling is benign.
Your daughter is already on medication but swelling has not subsided. Since, there is no pain so it can be performed. without causing much discomfort.

In cases of visible swellings on body, FNAC is the best initial investigation before undergoing expensive tests like MRI.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Answered: Fri, 19 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor