Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

MRI results reveal central herniation, narrowing of thecal sac, advised surgery. Any other alternatives?

hi at MRI the resuls are: L4-L5 there is herniation centrally and to the left of the midline with caudad extrusion. there is significant narrowing of the AP dimesion of the thecal sac secondary to the large extruded fragment. the neural foramens apper unremarkable. the doctor say we must have there something elss to do? is it a easy surgery? im man at 37 years old. thanks a lot
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
if you have neurogenic claudication ( unable to walk few meters) also radiculopathy wich is not resolving with medication etc than it is advisable to undergo surgery . it is safe, also looking to your age I would advise fusion L4_5 so that afterwords you can carry out some hard work also pl.don't be afraid of surgery it works well in good hands.
Answered: Tue, 19 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor