Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

MRI results of back. What is your advise?

Dear Doctors, My recent MRI comes up with the following. Please advise me what would be the best possible treatment. 1. Significant spasm of the paravertebral muscles of the back. 2. L4-5 posterior central disc protrusion slightly indenting the opposing thecal sac and minimally encroaching on both recesses. Associated posterior midand right para-sagittal recent radial annular tear. 3.Loss of the bright T2 signal intensity of the presumed L4-5 disc denoting dehydration and degeneration of its discogenic materials. Preserved height as well as the bright T2 signal intensity of the other scanned discs.
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear friend, welcome to HCM.
I can see that you have a torn and prolapsed (slipped) disc at lower spinal level and hence the pain and muscle spasm.
what is your age?
did you suffer trauma?
how did it occur?do you suffer from any additional illness?
treatment will depend on all thses.
so please describe your problem in detail.
in general pain killers, muscle relaxants like doxazocin etc will give symptiomatic relief.
and you need to take your ortho doc/ spinal surgeon's advice on whether surgery is needed, sooner or later.
I hope to have satisfied you ?
pl. post additional info. and I will be glad to help.
Good luck.

Answered: Wed, 18 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor